Local start pages for web browsers with search fields for several search engines and online services such as Startpage, DuckDuckGo, Google, Bing, YouTube or Wikipedia.
A start page on the Internet, such as Google's search page, is loaded every time you start your web browser, even if you want to open another website using a bookmark. A local start page does not load files from the Internet and can be individually customized.
- Multiple search engines and services on one page (Startpage, DuckDuckGo, Neeva, Google, Bing, YouTube, Wikipedia, IMDB)
- Immediately available even with a slow Internet connection
- The link to the own website can easily be changed in the HTML code
- Link to Gaijin.at as well as to "localhost" for web developers
- Only one file (images and graphics are embedded)
|Setup:||Open the desired HTML file in the web browser and add it as the start page in the settings.|
1.3.1 - 2023-06-12Removed
- The search engine "Neeva" (neeva.com) was removed, because this search engine is no more available.Changed
- Minor changes.1.3 - 2022-11-22Added
- The search engine "Neeva" (neeva.com) was added.
- The page now adjusts the colors to the color scheme set in the browser (light/dark).1.2 - 2021-11-17Changed
- Startpage.com is now the top search engine and has the input focus.
- The display has been slightly changed.
- The border around the input fields is displayed correctly in the newer Firefox versions and in MS Edge.1.1 - 2020-04-24Changed
- The height of the top navigation bar with the links to "Gaijin.at" and the "localhost" have been reduced.
- A link to your own website can be inserted in the top navigation bar.
- The display has been changed.Removed
- The dark color version has been removed.